Come and Visit Us
Our next open day is in:
- Welcome to the Croydon Airport Visitor Centre, a volunteer led micro-museum which opened its doors in 2000. The Visitor Centre is located in Britain’s first integrated airport Terminal and Control Tower at Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ.
- First Sunday of the month throughout the year (with the exception of New Year’s Day).
- The next Open Day will take place on Sunday 3rd July. The Eventbrite link below is now live for advance bookings. Please do book in advance to guarantee entry as places are limited.
Please note the following important details:-
- Please only book a ticket if you fully intend to come. If your plans change, PLEASE cancel your booking on Eventbrite at least 24 hours beforehand or e-mail us to let us know.
- Please arrive promptly at the start time quoted on your ticket. Tours are run to a strict timetable and last approx 45 mins followed by approx 45 mins in the Control Tower museum.
- On entry, please make a donation of £6 or more per adult toward the upkeep of the museum. Children under 16 are free..
- Face masks are worn at your discretion. When inside Airport House you will be in a relatively closed environment and we ask all visitors to respect the personal space of others at all times.
- Please follow the guidance from our volunteers to help keep everyone safe. Give way to others. Use the hand sanitisers.
- Maximum of 10 people per tour.
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying Corona virus symptoms please do not attend.
- A small merchandise stall will be available and all proceeds go to the charity. Please buy generously!
- PLEASE NOTE: ON 3RD JULY THERE WILL BE SOME SCAFFOLDING IN POSITION INSIDE THE GROUND FLOOR OF AIRPORT HOUSE DUE TO ESSENTIAL WORKS AND WE WILL BE OPERATING AROUND THAT AND SPACE WILL BE MORE LIMITED. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Please note that wheelchair access is available to the ground floor Booking Hall exhibits and by lift to the lower floor of the Visitor Centre. There is no wheelchair access to the top floor of the Visitor Centre.
Additional special Open Days are held at various times throughout the year. See website for details.
The Croydon Airport Visitor Centre is a volunteer led micro museum. Designed by haleysharpe.com and opened in 2000, it was the winner of a British Tourism Award. Exhibition space includes displays located in the world’s oldest Air Traffic Control Tower in Airport House. Features include interactive display, exhibits and visual images charting the history of Croydon Airport from World War I airfield, London’s international airport, Battle of Britain airfield and closure in 1959.
How to find us
Croydon Airport Visitor Centre is located in Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ.
Bus routes refer to Airport House under its former name of Croydon Airport.
Waddon is the nearest station and a 15 minute walk. 289 bus routes from the station to Croydon Airport.
Purley is 10 minutes by 289 bus
East Croydon is 20 minutes from central London and then 15mins by the 119 bus.
Bus routes that serve Croydon Airport are the 289 and 119. Buses stop outside Airport House/ Croydon Airport or across the road at The Colonnades.
Parking is free during Open Days
Private Tours for Small Groups
As resources allow, we can visit your school/youth group or adult group during the day/evening to give an illustrated talk on the history of Historic Croydon Airport