Come and Visit Us
Our next open day is in:
Welcome to the Croydon Airport Visitor Centre micro-museum. The Croydon Airport Visitor Centre is a volunteer led micro-museum which opened its doors in 2000.
Croydon Airport Visitor Centre is located in the world’s oldest Air Traffic Control Tower at:-
Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ.
- First Sunday of the month throughout the year (with the exception of New Years Day).
- The next Open Day will be on Sunday 5th September. Prior booking through Eventbrite is strongly advised in order to guarantee entry. Spaces are limited. The Eventbrite link will go live in mid August. We will also do our best to accommodate people on the day, if spaces are available.
Post July 19th, there continue to be some restrictions on how we can operate the museum, due to Covid-19 :-
Each booking needs a valid phone number for Track and Trace purposes- this will only be kept for 21 days.
- Please arrive promptly at the start time quoted on your ticket- no more than 10 mins in advance
- Please follow the guidance from our volunteers to help keep everyone safe during your visit.
- Face masks must be worn when inside the building due to the closed environment. For the external tour, face masks are worn at your discretion.
- On the day, please give a donation of £6 or more per adult toward the upkeep of the museum. Children under 16 are free.
- Maximum of 8 people per tour.
- Tours and museum/control tower visits are run to a strict timetable.
- Please help by adhering to social distancing, wear a mask, give way to others and use hand sanitiser.
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying Corona virus symptoms please do not attend.
- A small merchandise stall will be available and all proceeds go to the charity. Please buy generously!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING!
Please note that wheelchair access is available to the ground floor Booking Hall exhibits and by lift to the lower floor of the Visitor Centre. There is no wheelchair access to the top floor of the Visitor Centre.
Additional special Open Days are held at various times throughout the year. See website for details.
The Croydon Airport Visitor Centre is a volunteer led micro museum. Designed by haleysharpe.com and opened in 2000, it was the winner of a British Tourism Award. Exhibition space includes displays located in the world’s oldest Air Traffic Control Tower in Airport House. Features include interactive display, exhibits and visual images charting the history of Croydon Airport from World War I airfield, London’s international airport, Battle of Britain airfield and closure in 1959.
How to find us
Croydon Airport Visitor Centre is located in Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ.
Bus routes refer to Airport House under its former name of Croydon Airport.
Waddon is the nearest station and a 15 minute walk. 289 bus routes from the station to Croydon Airport.
Purley is 10 minutes by 289 bus
East Croydon is 20 minutes from central London and then 15mins by the 119 bus.
Bus routes that serve Croydon Airport are the 289 and 119. Buses stop outside Airport House/ Croydon Airport or across the road at The Colonnades.
Parking is free during Open Days
Private Tours for Small Groups
As resources allow, we can visit your school/youth group or adult group during the day/evening to give an illustrated talk on the history of Historic Croydon Airport